1 CORINTHIANS 13:13

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!!

Wow its already 2011! I cannot believe how fast time flies!! It seems like just yesterday that I graduated Highschool...So just an update on our lives!
David: He is still in school and working full time (except these last two weeks they have been laid off) He is such a wonderful husband and really is my soul mate!! I could not imagine my life without him...He is GREAT!!
Missy: Working full time still:) I really do love my job lately and I'm starting to realise that I have a wonderful opportunity to grow with the company and that I have never worked for a better boss that truly cares about his employees and understands certian situations....
My attitude for the new year is not that "I have to" its gonna be the "I get to" attitude...I get to wake up and go to work everyday, I get to go to church, I get to do things that I dont want to do...Its so true because if all that was taken away in the blink of an eye, you would pay to do the things you COULDNT do anymore....
This last month has been a whirlwind....
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving volunteering at the Salvation Army to serve the homeless, and anyone who wanted to attend..then we had dinner at my parents and David's mom and Wally came along with some friends from church...The following Monday we drove the LOOONNNGGGGGG drive to Phoenix to see David's dad and be there while he had a surgery done (brain stints to help his Parkinsons's Disease). That turned in to a frustrating week because he was supposed to go home the next day after the surgery and we could have a little vacation, because we weren't going to be doing anything for our 2nd anniversary...His dad had to stay in the ICU for the night and then ended up staying in the hospital for 3 days and then went to a rehab facility...(which he did NOT behave very well:( ) So we stayed an extra day to see if we could get him to come out of this funk he was in and it never happended but we had to be to work so we had to come home....Then David's mom went out there to see if she could figure something out for him and they decided to put him in a small 5 bedroom assisted living facility...WHICH HE DID NOT LIKE AT ALL!!!!!!! (He doesnt want to move to Idaho in the winter) So then they had to send him to the hospital again and now he is in a facility that is small and nice, but they are specializing in the things he needs, so hopefully everything with that will work out...
Then on December 10th was my work Christmas party for the managers, we went to Idaho Falls and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (really nice hotel on the river) and went to Johnnie Carinos, and then we played a game...My boss gave EVERYONE an envelope (there are 10 managers and each got to bring 1 guest so 20 envelopes) Each one contained $150.00 and there was a fun poem that said something along these lines:
We appreciate the hard work you give throughout the year and we want to give you this BUT you have one hour no more no less to spend it all on you and only you!! Anything you dont spend you have to give back...
It was so much fun shopping just for things you would never buy...it was actually harder then we thought it would be because we only had an hour to do it and so your caught off guard but it was really really fun!! The next day we all had breakfast together and then went on our way.... The day after was our 2nd anniversary and we didnt really do anything! Went to church and caught up on sleep...
Christmas was fun, my parents got my nieces and nephew a trip to Disneyland leaving the day after Christmas and returning by Wednesday...Well my husband decided to go with his mom to Montana because she is moving there at the end of January she got a job as a nurse mid-wife at the hospital in Kalispell...So I was gonna be home for a week by my self and we went to church on Sunday and my mom said my dad was not feeling well and they were headed to Salt Lake that night to stay and catch an early flight the next day...I said well if he cant go I would..My mom went home from church and Stan was feeling okay but my mom said if you want to go you have to pay your way...I talked to David and he said I would rather you go with them then stay home alone (I get scared and he feels bad) So we took our money we got for christmas from my parents which was $400.00 and David gave me $125.00 for my gift and I bought my plane ticket and everything an hour before we left...
We had a fun time in Disneyland but Monday December 27, 2010 was a record breaking day for sales at Disney and wholly moley was it BUSY!! Not really fun when there is an hour wait just to use the bathroom or get a drink...you can imagine how the ride lines were!
The next day was MUCH MUCH better we went to California Adventure and it was still crowded but not near as bad!!
Then we came home the next day (Wednesday) out flight left Longbeach at 2:39pm and were supposed to land at 5:23pm when we got to Salt Lake they circled the airport several times and the airport had closed the runways so we were unable to land...we got diverted to Las Vegas...It was the worst flight I have ever been on it was bumpy and scary...my nephew thought it was a Disneyland ride... After sitting on the tarmack in the plane for 3 hours we finally got to head back to Salt Lake and landed at 11:00pm we listened to the road report because we still had a 3 hour drive home and there were 80 accidents in just Salt Lake City and 1 was fatal...We decided to stay at a hotel and drove home the next day...I went in to work as soon as I got home at 1:30pm and that brings us to last night!!
We had Mike, Sarah and Lucy over for New Years Eve...we just set up some finger foods (shrimp cocktail, lil smokies, chips and salsa, lays chips and french onion dip, crackers cheese and italian salami, olives, popcorn and donut holes) it was really fun they stayed the night so they didnt have to drive on the bad roads and with all the drunk drivers...
We have so much fun with them...Well thats all for now...on to a NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment